Header

Header

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Ulta Pick-Ups | Urban Decay, Too Faced, Benefit and More!

I’ve mentioned in a few of my posts that Ulta is a serious weak spot for me. I usually go at least once a week, not always to splurge, but I always browse around to find some stuff to add to my wish list. Then I always set aside a little bit of money until I have a nice little chunk of change and then I go crazy. This post is a little overview of some of my recent Ulta purchases and I am in no way trying to brag or show off. I have just found that my haul posts tend to be a favorite amongst readers and I myself really enjoy watching haul videos and such. They always give me ideas about which new products are out or maybe some old products that I’ve never considered  trying before. 
These products were purchased between about 3 different trips so without going on too much, enjoy and please let me know what you think about this post or if you have tried any of these products!
As many times as I've been to Ulta, I've never paid much attention to Urban Decay Revolution lipsticks but I decided to pick a couple up. Omg guys. They're so pigmented and smooth with a slight cream sheen finish so I ended up getting 10 different shades all together. Once I find a lipstick formula that I really like, I always try to buy all of the shades that I want, like my fav Lorac Alter Ego lipsticks. Let me know if you guys want a full review on these!
Next up is a blush from Benefit. I had a Coralista deluxe sample that lasted me a good two years, so I wanted to buy the full size since it's just too pretty! It's a peachy pink shade with light gold shimmers in it and now that it's warming up outside, it's the perfect blush for spring and summer.
I'm always on the hunt for foundations and so I decided to pick up the Naked Skin foundation from Urban Decay. It's a light to medium coverage with a satin finish and so far, I really like it. I'll update you guys after a few more uses.
 Like I mentioned above, I love me some Alter Ego lipsticks so when I saw this Lorac Unzipped Cheek and Lip palette with a lipstick for only $30 I HAD to get it. The lipsticks alone run $16 a piece so this was a steal. And the blushes are a perfect mix for any look so I know I'll get a lot of use out of it. 




After hearing tons of YouTubers rave about the Too Faced Hangover Rx primer, I decided to pick it up. It definitely does not disappoint. It leaves my skin so hydrated and plump feeling and it allows my foundation to just glide over without clinging to my dry skin.
 
I also picked up a few of the new shades of the Too Faced Melted liquid lipsticks. I really like the formula of these and the application is so easy while it can be messy with other applicators. I bought Velvet, Melon and Sugar.
 
NYX has come out with a few new products the past few months including these beautiful Prismatic Eyeshadows. They're a duo chrome finish and the formula is so buttery and smooth. I bought the shades Mermaid and Frostbite.
Jaclyn Hill raves about the new Smashbox Primer Water so I decided to try it out. It says it primes for makeup application, hydrates skin for hours and revitalizes the complexion so it definitely sounds interesting. I've only used it twice but I definitely feel like it makes my makeup apply better and a quick spritz sets my makeup and it did last a little better throughout the day.
 
Next I bought two of the new Urban Decay Moondust eye shadows in the shades Solstice and Ether. They are super shimmery and iridescent without feeling gritty or having a ton of fallout and they are just beautiful. Solstice is one of the shades most raved about and it's definitely one of my new favorites.
 
I really like BareMinerals Jack of all Trades lip balms so when I saw these new Pop of Passion Lip Oil Balms I wanted to try it out. They're tinted with a bit of color and it feels so nice on the lips. It doesn't feel greasy or too slick and it lasts for quite a while unlike a lot of other balms. 
I FINALLY got my hands on the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Patina! This baby has been sold out EVERYWHERE for months so when I saw one sitting on the shelf all lonely, I knew it was a sign for me to buy it. It's the perfect mauve-y, dusty rose color, everything I wanted KVD Lolita to be, and it really does last all day.
 
I also wanted to try one of the Stila Stay All Day Vinyl Lip gloss so I bucked up the shade nude which is a lighter version of Patina almost. It's not sticky and it's super opaque which I like in a gloss. 
These have been out forever now it seems, but my Ulta JUST got in the NYX Eyebrow Gels. I bought the shade Blonde and it's literally the exact same shade as my ABH Dipbrow in Taupe for a fraction of the cost. I've worn it for a week straight without a thought for my Dipbrow and I am hooked. (I forgot to photograph it!)
I also grabbed a few lip liners from Essence and NYX. The Essence ones are a little creamier than I like, but for less than $2 a piece I can't complain. I just stuck to neutral shades.
 
I needed a new liquid eyeliner pen and after hearing a lot of positive things about the Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Eyeliner I decided to try it out. A fellow blogger friend of mine, Shelby from Beauty and A Blog, swears by it and it really is awesome. It's super black and it stays all day without even the tiniest smudging or flaking off.
 
I love the Freeman masks so when I saw this new Mint and Lemon Clay Mask I snatched it up. Like all of their other masks, this one is the bomb dot com. It leaves my skin feeling tingly and smooth and doesn't dry it out.
 I like to use dry shampoo in between washes, and Batiste is my all time favorite brand. This is one I haven't tried and while i love the cherry scent, I was kind of disappointed at how white and powdery it sprays on. It's hard to comb through to look natural so I don't think I'd repurchase this particular one. 



And last but not least, I picked up a spare Duo Eyelash Glue. This one is my favorite besides the House of Lashes brand and I always seem to be losing mine, so a backup is always a good thing  to have.
 
Well that wraps this haul up! Sorry this was so long but like I said, I like to go crazy at Ulta! What are some things you've bought from Ulta lately? Any things I should try? Let me know in the comments!


Products:





7 comments:

  1. I need to come to America and you need to take me to Ulta! hahaha I love your hauls!

    www.lineupthemakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! If you ever come to the US you need to check out ulta! It's my ultimate weakness lol

      Delete
  2. your hauls are always the best! serious dough dropped and soooo many goodies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not as serious as you think when I use my ulta points! Good way to save money and get some goodies :)

      Delete
    2. Points? How does their points work? We don't have an ulta only sephora so I haven't heard much about ulta

      Delete
    3. Basically every dollar you spend is one point and every 100 points is $3.50 off of a purchase. And they always have deals with 3X and 5X points so it's easy to build up points and get a lot of money off if you save them up. I like it better than the sephora rewards since sephora you can only redeem points for samples.

      Delete
  3. Stalking your blog and I love your hauls! Did you ever do a lip swatch or review on the urban decay lipsticks? If not I'd love to see one!

    ReplyDelete