Header

Header

Friday, July 31, 2015

Check-In Chit Chat

Hey everyone! Long time no see and I really apologize for that. So much has been happening the last few weeks and sometimes life comes before blogging. I was thinking of doing a little chatty check-in type post every few weeks just to slow down for a minute and talk to you guys, catch you up on what's been going on and just taking a little break from the beauty stuff. 
I know the past month or so I've been lagging on the posts, but I've been trying to soak up the summer with my girls. My husband is in the Marines and he is currently deployed, so it's just us girls until around Christmas and I've really been trying to just take a break from everything and spend as much time with them making memories. We've spent a ton of time at the different beaches here in San Diego, just lazing around and whatnot and I can say that I'm not sorry about not posting. My girls then spent a couple of weeks with my parents in northern Arizona so I was working quite a bit at the hospital for a while there. 
I also ran into some health issues a week and a half ago which really put a stop to everything. Long story short, I had car trouble outside of Yuma, Arizona driving home to get my girls so I was quite literally stranded in the middle of the desert in 115 degree heat for almost nine hours which lead to severe dehydration and heat exhaustion. I've mentioned before that I am Type 1 diabetic, so pretty much anytime I get sick, or my body is even a little stressed, my blood sugars can get a little crazy, which can be very dangerous for people with T1D. I took myself to the emergency room expecting a few hour stay getting IV fluids and ended up spending an entire week in the hospital getting my electrolytes back in the normal ranges and trying to control my blood sugar. Super scary but thankfully everything worked out fine and I'm feeling back to normal again. My little scare has given me a few ideas more in the "lifestyle" category as far as posting some things about wellness and self-health and maybe incorporating some healthy food tips (I'm a strict clean eater, former vegetarian for 18 or so years) and whatnot. Let me know what you guys think about that. 
But now that I'm feeling better, I wanted to check in with everyone and just stop to chat. Blogging is just a hobby for me, but after a while you really begin to invest your time and effort into your posts, so going even a few days without posting can really make the guilt set in. But I would much rather post quality and informative reviews, and fun pictorials or MOTD posts for you guys than random posts with no content value. I hope you all understand. I'm excited to get back into the swing of things and I look forward to lots of fun posts for you guys! Have a fabulous day everyone and thanks again so much for taking the time out of your day to read my little blog. 

Much love,
Olivia aka LivforLashes

No comments:

Post a Comment