Header

Header

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Summer MAC Lipstick Haul + New From the Matte Lip Collection

A couple of weeks ago I stopped by my local MAC counter to check out some of the new matte lipsticks and to pick up some back ups of my favorites and I went a little nuts. I got my usual nudes but I also wanted to pick up a few bright shades for summer. I bought 8 shades, either new ones or ones I used to own but forgot about, and after posting a picture on Instagram of my little haul, I had a few requests for a review and swatch post. Enjoy and maybe you'll see a shade or two that you'll like!


Tropic Tonic
This is part of the new matte permanent collection and I was instantly drawn to it. It's a super pretty orange-coral shade and I am in love! It's super pigmented with one swipe and I know this will be a favorite this summer. This wore for about four hours before fading in the center of the lips. It was super easy to reapply without building up or settling into my lips lines.


Men Love Mystery
I love me some purple and lilac lipsticks so when I first saw swatches of this, I knew I wanted it. It's also part of the new permanent collection. It's a pretty deeper violet shade with pink undertones and I love how pigmented it is without being patchy. This one would look amazing on deeper skin tones. This wore for about 3 hours before fading. My lips felt slightly dry after a couple of hours, but a little bit of lip balm helped.


Relentlessly Red
I could have sworn I had this but I guess not so I bought it. This is a retro matte formula so it is a tad drying on me but I couldn't resist the bright cool toned red. It's such a sassy shade and I can't wait to wear this one around town this summer. This wore for almost 6 hours before fading to a really pretty red stain, and again, my lips were a little dry, but nothing too uncomfortable.


Flat Out Fabulous
I've been lusting after this for years but never thought I could pull it off, but after being a little more daring with my makeup lately I decided it give it a try. This is also a retro matte but not as drying as I expected. However, I definitely need a good magenta lip liner to tone down the fuschia of this shade a bit. This wore for almost four hours before needing to be touched up.


Stone
The coveted lip pencil is now a lipstick! Stone is one of my favs so I definitely wanted the lipstick. It's not as grey toned as the pencil but I really like the shade. It's definitely cool toned but more brown and it's a perfect neutral but still with a little drama at the same time. This one wore for about 4 hours before fading away, but it also felt a little creamier than some of the other matte shades, so not the least bit drying.


Whirl
This was a no brainer. Another fav lip liner, the lipstick is a little more terra cotta colored. It's like a darker version of velvet teddy, so I know this one will be a favorite of mine. It's a warmer brown which can be hard for me to pull off, but with a good lip liner this will be amazing. It wore for almost five hours before getting a little patchy in the center of my lips.



Sushi Kiss
This one is one of my favorite oranges ever! I had this years ago but lost it so I'm happy to add it back to my collection. It's a satin formula, so not as opaque as the mattes but I love how it's a little neon and a little wild. It reminds me of Orangesicles! Definitely will be one of my go-to shades in the coming months. This wore for about three hours before getting patchy, but reapplication is quick and easy without having to worry about it getting streaky or built up in your lip lines.



Sweet & Sour
Another rebuy, this is another orange-y shade. It's a cremesheen formula, so it's definitely sheer, but it adds a pretty wash of summery orange to the lips. This is similar to Tumble Dry from the Wash and Dry collection, only more pink. This will be a perfect very day lipstick this summer when I want a little color. The wear with this formula (and no lip liner) is typically only a couple of hours, but it leaves my lips feeling soft and hydrated which makes up for the wear for me.

And that does it! Summer is my favorite season, so there was definitely hot weather in mind when I chose some of these shades. Can you tell I like orange? Haha! Well I hope you enjoyed this post and I'd love to hear what you've picked up from MAC lately, or any thoughts on the new matte lipsticks!

xoxo
LivforLashes

No comments:

Post a Comment