Header

Header

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

New They're Real! Push-Up Liners from Benefit Cosmetics

So as many of you have probably seen on Instagram and YouTube, Benefit Cosmetics recently released new They're Real! Push-Up liner and Mascara in fun new colors. At first I wasn't too interested. I don't personally think colored mascara looks good on me and I wasn't too impressed with the original liner since it's so hard to work with. But after getting to play around a bit with the new eyeliners in store the other day, I caved and picked up the They're Real! Push Up liners in Beyond Brown, Beyond Blue and Beyond Purple. 


Basically it's a gel liner in a pen form, which sounds like a good concept. However, the original push up liner in black is pretty difficult to work with. You twist out the product and apply it with the silicone tip, which makes the liner skip a little and the actual gel liner was a little too dry for my tastes. These new liners though are totally different. The application is the same, but it feels much creamier and so much easier to work with. The gel doesn't set as fast as the black, so you really have time to play with it and place the eyeliner where you want it without worrying about ruining your whole eye look. Samantha from Batalash suggests twisting out the product on to a palette and using a brush to apply it, which is a helpful tip for easier application.


The color of the actual liner is a little darker and muted than I originally expected, so it definitely makes them more wearable for everyday makeup looks, but I was a little disappointed that it isn't as bright as the packaging suggests. Still, they're such fun shades. The brown is a deep coffee brown, the blue is a pretty navy, and the purple is a gorgeous eggplant shade.  


Now the packaging says it wears for 24 hours and that it is waterproof. I certainly didn't wear mine for 24 hours, but it held up beautifully for a good 14 hours before it started to crack and flake a little. And as far as the waterproof claim, if you've ever tried to wash off the They're Real! Mascara or black liner with water, it's nearly impossible. It took a good deal of (gentle!) scrubbing with an oil based eye makeup remover to fully remove the purple liner from my eyes. So I am definitely impressed with that part. 


All in all, I really like these eyeliners. They're more user friendly than the original black and I really like the creamier formula. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a fun eyeliner to change up their makeup routine. The colors are safe for everyday wear and perfect for a subtle pop of color that anyone can pull off.  
These are available in four new shades (brown, purple, blue and green) as well as the mascaras for $24 each!

No comments:

Post a Comment