Header

Header

Monday, December 14, 2015

Tarte Blush Palette | Blogmas Day 14


Every year Tarte comes out with a limited edition blush palette for the holidays. I bought lasts years so of course I ud to purchase the new one. The packaging is always adorable and you get five blush pans for only $44. 



I was happy to see the packaging is a lot less bulky than last year's. It's a beautiful black glitter fabric covering the thin palette packaged in a cardboard box with a geometric pattern of gold, rose gold, gunmetal and black shapes. The Tarte logo is engraved on a little gold plate towards the opening side of the palette. Inside it has a nice full sized mirror with gold surrounding the edges of the palette.
 


The blushes come in a nice range of shades, though I would have really liked to see a nice warm peach. Throw in a peach and it'd have a little bit of everything. Tarte has an amazing formula for their blushes and this palette is no exception. They are super smooth and pigmented. They last all day on the cheeks without fading or going patchy and they aren't the least bit powdery when blended out.

 
Fetching is the first shade in the palette. It is a pretty rose pink with slight peach undertones. It's slightly powdery when swatched, but blends out to a smooth even flush. This is a perfect everyday blush for me. 

Dollface is a Babie doll cool toned pink. It's a little daunting when swatched but blended it it gives the slightest tint of color on the cheeks. It is easy to go overboard with this shade, however and I think it's best suited for fair skin since it has the potential to look chalky on the skin. 



Prim is my favorite in the palette. It's described as a plum nude. It's a nuetral shade with slight plum undertones. It's a little deeper and perfect for the winter.  This one is a little more sheer but easy to build up without it going patchy or looking too powdery. 



Next is Smashing. This is a pretty coral pink so it's pretty universal for many skin tones. It leans a little more pink than coral though. Blended into the skin creates a very natural looking flush which is nice. 


Last in the palette is Beaming. I was super disappointed with this one. It's the only shimmery blush in the palette but it comes off as straight up glitter. It's described as an apricot pink but I had to really dig in the pan for any color payoff at all. On the cheeks you get no color and all glitter. 




Overall I do like this palette, but for the price, i expected a little more. For one fifth of the product to be unusable to me, it's a shame. Like I said, a nice peach or a mauve would have been more desirable instead of a glittery blush. However, the packaging is gorgeous and the other four shades will definitely get use and makes the purchase worthwhile for me. 



xoxo
LivforLashes



Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes



Find me on Instagram @livforlashes



Email: liv_2008@icloud.com



No comments:

Post a Comment