Header

Header

Saturday, March 28, 2015

March Ipsy Glam Bag Review

I am back with this month's Ipsy Glam Bag review! As I mentioned in a previous post, Ipsy is a beauty sample subscription service where you get 5 deluxe samples of makeup, skin care, or hair care products in a cute little makeup bag for only $10 a month. It's a good option if you are looking to try a monthly beauty subscription service and I've never really had any complaints. However, the last few months I've gotten my bags in the last week of the month instead of the beginning which is slightly irritating, but I can deal with that. 

So the theme for March was #FloralFantasy. Flowers and spring are totally the inspiration with an accompanying photo shoot with the Ipsy stylists, Lustrelux, Chrisspy, Desi Perkins and Christen Dominique. The bag itself is a canvas material with a pretty pastel blue and yellow flower print with pink accents and a blue zipper. Totally cute this month! This one is definitely going in my purse. 


The first product is a NYX Butter Lipstick in the shade "Hunk." I love these lipsticks and own quite a few and I'm happy to add this pretty purple shade to my collection. It is more orchid in color than the packaging suggests though.
Next up is a Boo Boo Cover-up concealer. I've never heard of this product until I saw it in another Ipsy bag months ago, but it's a pretty nice concealer. It's a little too dark and too yellow for me and it's quite thick, but boy does it cover up! This product would be perfect for covering up scars or tattoos. 

Next is this Purelisse Soy Milk Cleanser. So far I've really enjoyed any skin care products I've gotten through Ipsy and this is no exception. It's a soft lathering cleanser and it's super gentle, ideal for my sensitive skin. This might be something I will purchase in the future.

I have never heard of VINTAGE Cosmetics until now, so when I saw this Illuminating Face Highlighter I didn't know what to expect. It's quite pink and not as diffused as I like my highlighters, so it doesn't look good as a highlight on me and the pan is too small for the particular brush I use for highlighting, but it's pretty as an eyeshadow for the lids or inner corner highlight.

The last item for this month was a sample tube of the Dr. Brandt Pores No More Anti-Aging Mattifying Lotion. I really like the Pores No More Primer so I was excited to try this. It's supposed to reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles and keep oil at bay. I have normal to dry skin so I wasn't sure how it would do on my skin, but it left my face feeling super soft and it definitely did reduce the appearance of my pores.

This month I really enjoyed most of the products that I relieved. Overall I'd say this was a pretty good bag, and definitely worth the $10 price tag. 

Are you an Ipsy subscriber? What did you think of the March Glam Bag?
 
Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes
 
Find me on Instagram @livforlashes
 

No comments:

Post a Comment