Header

Header

Monday, March 9, 2015

Spring Style Inspiration | Vogue March 2015

One of the little things I look forward to this time of year is the Vogue magazine March issue. It's 600+ pages packed full of styles popular on the spring runways and if anyone knows what's "in" with fashion, it's Vogue. 



This year I was pretty excited to see less "high fashion" styles and severe cuts and instead, more boho-chic. Throughout the whole magazine, bohemian prints and flowy '70s inspired styles fill the pages and I love it. Soft florals and loose fitting tops and dresses are definitely must-have for spring this year. My personal style is more laid back and flirty so this is right up my alley. 
 
 
 
 

But as much as I love my Vogue, some of us can't afford that $1000 Dior cardigan, or those coveted red bottoms. Luckily I found some sweet deals and cute pieces inspired by the runways from Spring 2015 fashion week. I'm especially loving the rompers and lace!
I love love LOVE the romantic and feminine inspiration in some of these pieces. They're so cute and you can easily dress then up or make them more casual with accessories and your makeup/hair.  
 
Missing are the sky high heels and harsh gladiator sandals this season, and instead you'll see more classic flats and strappy leather sandals and wedges.

 Aldo
Target 

Also hot on the runways this year? Dewy skin and "no makeup" makeup. It's super refreshing to see the importance of skin and enhancing natural features with makeup being such a hit right now. As much as I enjoy a strong sharp brow and a black wing, I really love the simplistic beauty of a fresh face. This month in Vogue,  minimal brown eyeliner, nude lips, and dewey bronzy skin were definitely the popular trend forecasted for spring, again also very '70's, super light brows included. 




On the cover this month is super model Karli Kloss and Taylor Swift and both are almost unrecognizable without their usual makeup (Taylor is sans her signature red lip and full falsies), but both are absolutely stunning. They are both sunkissed  and very natural looking but still so put together at the same time. I LOVE it!





Get the look:

1. L'oreal Paris Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Serum to get bronzed skin minus the sun damage

2. Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation: Sheer but buildable coverage with a satin finish

3. Gerard Cosmetics BB Plus Illumination cream adds that dewy glow without being powdery or cakey

4. Nars Laguna Bronzer adds some depth to the face while adding to that sun kissed look


5. Rimmel Scandal Eyes waterproof kohl eyeliner in Brown softly smudged on lash line for dimension

6. Stila eyeshadow in Kitten to add a touch of shimmer to lids

7. Urban Decay Sheer Revolution lipstick in Liar for petal soft lips with just a touch of color

8. Milani Liminoso baked blush gives the cheeks a healthy pinched flush. 

9. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo will help achieve soft and natural but groomed brows, perfect for spring. 



So what are your thoughts on some of the trends right now? Do you love or hate them? Let me know in the comments and definitely let me know how you liked this post in general because I felt like switching it up and I like how it turned out!

xoxo
LivforLashes

Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

Find me on Instagram @livforlashes

Email: liv_2008@icloud.com

No comments:

Post a Comment