Header

Header

Monday, May 4, 2015

Anastasia Beverly Hills Artist Palette | Review + Swatch

It seems that every time Anastasia Beverly Hills releases a new product, the Internet and Instagram explode with excitement and hype. The release of the new Artist Palette was no different and I shamelessly jumped on the bandwagon and purchased it. I have all five  palettes previously released by ABH and have yet to be disappointed, so I figured I couldn't question the quality of the eye shadows. 
 
The packaging is a cool abstract blend of different colors that look like an artist's brush strokes with the ABH logo in black on the bottom left corner, very vibrant and not at all hinting at neutral eye shadows within. It's the same cardboard packaging as her other palettes which definitely leaves something to be desired, since it feels a little flimsy and cheap. There is a mirror within, but again, it's a little cheap feeling since its plastic and distorts the reflection making it not very practical to use for applying makeup. The palette also comes with a double ended brush, though this one actually looks more usable compared to the brushes that came with other ABH palettes in the past.
 
The shades of eye shadows are gorgeous. They range from neutral everyday shades to more daring pops of color in a well-balanced mix of mattes, shimmers and satins. They practically scream summer. When I saw the first sneak peek of this online, that insanely bright yellow shade immediately caught my eye. This isn't a palette I would normally go for, but the colors in this one called to me. 
 
The shadows themselves are typical of ABH eye shadows: buttery smooth, easy to blend and super pigmented. A couple of them were a bit patchy like Aubergine and Blue Velvet, but not too bad. I also really love the fun names of each shadow in the palette. 

Top: Dusty Rose, Aubergine, Anaconda, Punch Fuschia, Buttery, Blue Velvet
Bottom: Coal, Unicorn, Phresh, Baby I'm a Star, Orange You Fancy, Beigely
(Without flash)
 
(With flash)

Overall I have to say that I really like this product. The colors are bright and fun and I think there is a nice balance of neutral and bright shades. The eye shadows are good quality and for only $30, its a pretty good bargain considering the prices of eye shadow palettes from competing brands. My only complaint would be shipping. I ordered from the ABH website and it took almost three weeks to receive the palette, when in the past I've gotten my ordered within a week.
 
Did any of you purchase the Anastasia Beverly Hills Artist Palette? What are your thoughts on it? Until next time...
 
The Artist Palette is available on the ABH website, Ulta, and Sephora.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment