Header

Header

Friday, May 29, 2015

May Ipsy Glam Bag Review

I'm back with another Ipsy glam bag review! This month, my bag came towards the end of the month like usual lately, so sorry if this post comes at the end of May. Any who, this month's theme was #JetSetter, so all about traveling and going on adventures. 

The bag for this month is a custom Ipsy bag from the brand Breakups to Makeup, a popular online shop, and each bag had a catchy phrase on it. Mine says "Contents: My Life" with a cute little painted on lipstick tube. It's a sturdy canvas material and since it's so cute, this one is definitely going in my purse for all of the random nick nacks I throw in there.

The first item is a moisturizer by CōTZ Face. It's a lightly tinted matte finish moisturizer with an SPF of 40, so it's perfect with summer coming up. I'm excited to try this since it's supposed to be matte and we all know how products with SPF tend to be a little greasy. I'm eager to see if I can use it as a primer as well.

Next up is a tapered blending brush from Luxie Beauty. I've seen these brushes all over Instagram, so I'm excited to be able to try it before purchasing any. It's a synthetic duo fiber blending brush and it is seriously one of the softest ones I've ever felt. I tried it once already and it did an awesome job of diffusing my crease color and evenly distributing the color. It retails for $12, so this alone makes the bag worth the $10 subscription price. I also love the pink handle with the rose gold ferrule. 

The next product is a brow pencil that both Desi Perkins and Chrisspy have used in YoouTube videos and it's from the brand Chella. It's a retractable pencil in the shade "Tantalizing Taupe" so it's a pretty universal shade. I use Taupe in the ABH Brow Wiz so I was happy to see that it is an exact shade match and the texture of the pencil is pretty similar as well. It's a firm pencil that isn't too waxy so it's perfect for making natural hair strokes to fill in the brows.

The next item I wasn't to thrilled about at first, but after trying these Klorane Smoothing and Relaxing Patches, I actually really like them. You put them under your eyes and they are so cooling and refreshing, they're perfect for soothing puffy eyes. I put them on for about five minutes before applying my makeup and it just helped my eyes feel less heavy in the morning and more awake.

The last product is pretty exciting. It's an Urban Decay Lip Primer Pencil with two samples of the new Revolution Lipgloss in the shades Failbait and Bittersweet. The glosses can't be re-sealed so I haven't opened them yet, but I've swatched both at Ulta and I really like them. I'm also pretty stoked to try the pencil, since it's supposed to prolong wear and prevent feathering or bleeding.

With Ipsy when you review products or get referrals, they give you points that you can redeem for products, and I had some points due to expire so I redeemed them for this deluxe sample of the Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Pencil in the shade Black Velvet. I love the formula of these UD eyeliners. Plus, you can never have too many black eyeliners and this is the perfect size to throw in my travel makeup bag.

That does it for my May Ipsy Glam Bag Review! What products did you get this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment