Header

Header

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Just One TAG!

A few days ago the amazing Shelby from Beauty and a Blog and Maryam from Line Up The Makeup tagged me in the "
Just One" tag. Basically, you have to choose one product from each of the following categories. JUST ONE. At first I didn't think it would be too hard until I had to actually sit and think about my favorites for the categories. It was so hard! But luckily I was able to gather up my favorite products to share for you guys. so without further ado...

Facial Cleanser: After one of the new Glamglow cleaners ruined my face with extreme dryness and peeling, the only thing that helped restore my skin was the St.  Ives Blackhead Clearing Green Tea Scrub. Its a gentle exfoliant and the green tea is good for minimizing inflammation. It's gentle on my skin without too much irritation and it really leaves my face feeling soft and refreshed and not at all dry later on.


Lip Gloss: I love my matte lipsticks, so I'm not a huge gloss gal, but when I do want lip gloss on, I always have my Milani Brilliant Shine lipgloss in Pink Grapefruit in my bag. It's not sticky and doesn't feel thick on my lips and the subtle shimmer makes it perfect for when I need a little something on my lips.


Eyeshadow Single: This was a super easy one for me. Stila Kitten eyeshadow is hands down my favorite eyeshadow ever. It's a pretty champagne shimmer eyeshadow and I just love it. Stila includes it in quite a few of their eyeshadow palettes and I have a few singles just in case (heaven forbid) they ever discontinue it.


Nail Polish: This was hard since I have about 350 nail polishes, but lately I've been loving spring pastel shades. Currently I have the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel polish in the shade "Rosey Riviter" on my nails. With the gel topcoat, these have lasted a good 9 days so far without chips, impressive since I constantly wash my hands at the hospital when I'm at work.



 

Lipstick: This was another hard one since I have a few favorites, but you guys know I love my lilac lipsticks and the Lorac Alter Ego Lipstick in the shade Goddess is always in my purse. These lipsticks have my favorite formula and I have two backups of this one too since I love it so much. (Want to see swatches of my favorites? Let me know!)


Blush: NARS Sin. No hesitation there haha. I have loved this blush for years now and that will probably never change. I am on my second one. It's literally perfect for any makeup look. You can build it up for a deeper berry toned blush, or lightly swept on for a subtle flush. Milani Luminoso is definitely a close second. 


Foundation: This one is a toss-up between NARS Sheer Glow and Este Lauder Double Wear. They are both my tried and true foundations that have never failed me in the years I've been wearing them.They  have different overages, EL is more full and NARS more sheer (duh ha) and I love how I don't have to worry about finding my shade since Bone (EL) and Monte Carlo (Nars) are perfect matches. 


Two Items I Would Buy Over and Over Again: Not including the products I mentioned above that I've re-bought, I would definitely re-buy (already have) the NYX HD Concealer. It's my everyday concealer and I love it. It doesn't crease, doesn't cake up and it lasts all day and covers any dark circles I may get. I would also re-buy the Melt Cosmetics Dark Matter Stack when/if I ever hit pan on my current one.The  shadows are such basic mattes but the formula is so amazing and buttery that they have been included in my everyday makeup routine and replaced my beloved Soft Brown and Cork from MAC.

 

Mascara: I don't really have a favorite mascara. I love both high end and low end and I've tried a million different kinds, but surprisingly, the Victorias Secret Runway Length mascara gives my lashes such amazing length and volume that I've really been loving it these last few months. It's the kind of formula that's almost like a mousse so it coats my lashes completely without getting clumpy or dried out. Plus it doesn't flake off throughout the day. 


Eyeshadow Palette: Another tough one, but honestly, my Stila Eyes Are the Window "Soul" palette has literally been my everyday palette for months now. It has every shade I need for a complete eye look and it's such a good staple neutral palette. And it's so pretty with the gold packaging!


Bronzer/Powder: This is another no brainer for me. NARS Laguna has been my favorite bronzer for about four or five years now and i buy a new one every year (sometimes twice) since i go through it so quickly. its the perfect color for warming up my pale face without being orange and the shimmer is subtle enough to give me a pretty glow without being to shiny.


This was so fun to do! I tag Makeup By Kaelin and Nichole over at Baking & Beauty Department to do this tag next! Have any of you done this tag or would like to? Comment the link so I can check it out and thanks for reading everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Loved your answers! Now I have quite a few new things to try haha

    www.lineupthemakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete