Header

Header

Saturday, May 9, 2015

April Ipsy Glam Bag Review

Today I have another Ipsy glam bag review for you! This one is a review on the April bag, which I just received on Friday. So shipping is definitely way off this past month, since i generally receive my bags around the 12th or 13th. The theme for April was #BeautifullyBohemian, inspired by spring music festivals and warmer weather. 

The bag itself is pretty cute. It's a weaved straw bag with interlacing colors and it really says "boho" by the style. It's a nice sturdy little bag and I'm sure I'll find a good use for it. 

The first product I pulled out was this Hikari Blush is the shade "Tango." This is a brand I've never heard of until I subscribed to Ipsy, so I didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised with this blush though. It looks like a super neon pink in the pan, but it blends out into the prettiest pink flush on the cheeks. I also like how it can be built it into a deeper blush. 

Next up is a lipstick from KCO Colors. I don't know the name since the sticker came off, but I already love it. It's a brownish pink color, almost like a creamier version of Velvet Teddy. The pigmentation is great but it didn't really last too long without fading off.
 

The next product is an eyeshadow single from the new Nude Dude palette from the Balm in the shade "Flirty." I love he Balm and this palette is on my wish list so I'm glad that I got this sample to try out. It's a really pretty iridescent beige-purple and I can totally see myself wearing this color. 

Usually I'm not impressed with perfume samples from Ipsy, but this mini Jorel Parker Femina perfume is really nice. Is a very subtle fresh scent and the size makes it perfect for travel. It also lasted a long time without being too overpowering. 

The last product came with a broken seam and it spilled all over the bag, so I was disappointed that I couldn't try it. It was a sample of Lather Ultra Light Face Lotion. It had a light scent and it's supposed to be quite moisturizing, but again, I wasn't able to try it. 
 
Overall, this month (or last month rather) had some good products aside from the moisturizer. I'm excited to see what May's glam Bag brings and in hoping shipping won't take as long, since that's quite disappointing. 
What products did you receive in April from Ipsy? 

Ipsy referal code:
http://www.ipsy.com/r/9gn1?sid=ipsypoints&cid=email

3 comments:

  1. That eyeshadow looks so amazing!! and that's too bad about the moisturizer. Do you think you could contact them for a new one? :(

    www.lineupthemakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could, and I know they are really good at sending replacements, I just figure everything else is worth the $10 subscription fee and I'm happy with the rest of the products :)

      Delete
  2. I got the same products but my blush was completely crushed :( they sent a replacement fast tho

    ReplyDelete