Header

Header

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Lorac ProContour | In Depth Review + Swatch


Hey guys! So a few weeks ago on Instagram, Lorac announced that they had a new contour palette coming out, the ProContour, and on May 30th, it was prereleased especially for Ulta Platinum members. Well of course I was quick to buy it as soon as I got the email. It just arrived a few days ago and I am already I love. No joke. I love it. 


The packaging is the usual Lorac packaging. It's a sleek palette, about as thin as the Pro palette, with that rubbery finish in the outside. It looks small, roughly the same size as the ABH contour kit, but inside, the pans are actually a decent size and I was pretty impressed. It has a magnetic closure which is essential for powder palettes in my opinion, and a nice clear mirror inside, something the ABH Kit does not have.


 It is a little pricier though at $45, but I think it's well worth it since a ProContour brush is included with the kit. The brush is a flat contour brush and it's perfect for sculpting out checks or contouring the nose. It's a little more firm than the NARS Ita brush by comparison, but not as rough as the new Elf Contour Brush. 


It comes with six shades and all are conveniently named after what color they are. There is Beige Highlight, Yellow Highlight, Shimmer Highlight, Light Contour, Deep Contour and Medium contour. The powders themselves are to die for. They are super creamy in texture and blend out so smoothly and not in the least bit powdery. Plus, the pigmentation is spot on. One quick dip of your brush, and the brush is loaded with product. This is definitely a nice change from the ABH palette, which is quite chalky and a little hard to pick up any product. 

I also really like how the powders all lean a little cooler, which is more universal than warmer contour shades I'd say. Us fair gals know how hard it can be to find a contour powder that won't make us look orange or leave our cheeks looking dirty, so this is definitely a nice product to have around. The shimmer highlight is so pretty too. It's very soft and subtle, so perfect for a little glow. If you love a strong highlight though, you may want to follow up with a different Illuminator, since this powder is definitely not strong.  
(Daylight)

(Flash)


Another bonus is it comes with a detailed guide on how to contour. And in not talking a picture guide but a very thorough step-by-step how to for every part of the face which is super helpful, especially for beginners. 

Overall, I think I'm going to use the heck out of this palette, and I might even buy a back up. I know this will be a new favorite. Platinum members have exclusive access to the Lorac ProContour palette before its official release on June 14th (tomorrow!) at Ulta and on the Lorac website. 

What do you think? Is this a must have for you, or a pass? Let me know what you think in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Urgh now I really really want this! x

    www.lineupthemakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete