Header

Header

Friday, June 26, 2015

L'oreal True Match Lumi Powder Glow Illuminators

Weeks ago when I first heard that L'oreal was releasing their Lumi liquid and powder highlighter, I immediately started scoping out my local drugstores and Walmart. Yesterday I was FINALLY able to find the powders (still looking for the liquid Illuminators) so I quickly picked them up. 


They come in three shades based on your skin's undertones which is super helpful. Ice is a blend of peach, ivory, lavender and baby blue for cooler undertones; Rose is a blend of cream, bronze, beige and peach for neutral tones; Golden is a blend of gold, deep bronze, beige and an orange-bronze for warmer undertones. 
The powders themselves are very smooth and blend out pretty well, but the shimmer is a little intense for an all over glow, unlike the Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders are for example. These are ideal for just a highlighter, but it's pretty easy to go overboard and look like a disco ball. I wish the shimmer was a little more finely milled, but they aren't totally terrible.


The packaging is really pretty with a clamshell compact with rose gold detailing. I'm a total sucker for rose gold so I really like it. It opens on one side to reveal the four shades of powder in the compact, and the other side contains a mirror and a mini flat brush. Usually I don't like the tools included in compacts, but these are actually quite perfect for applying highlighter. 

The cooler shade, Ice, reminds me a little of the lavender powder in the Too Faced Selfie palette. It definitely looks a little icey, so not ideal for my skin tone, but this could definitely be good for a brow or inner corner highlights. When swirled together though the powders are truly beautiful. 


Rose, is the neutral shade that really can be pulled off by anyone. When the colors are mixed together, it looks a little more champagne, so definitely flattering on anyone. The shimmer in this one is a little less intense than Ice, so with a super light hand, this one could be used for that all over glow. 


The last shade, Golden, is a beautiful bronze glowy shade when mixed together. It does lean warm, so I may look a little orange on fair skin, but this is perfect for getting the JLo glow. The shimmers in this one seem slightly chunky, so it took a few extra flicks of my brush to really blend it in. In my skin tone, this one would be best used as a bronzer to add glow to my face instead of a highlight. 

Overall, I think these are pretty good for a drugstore highlighter. There are so few to chose from and I think L'oreal is definitely on the right track with these. I especially love Rose. What do you think? Are these something you'd want to try, or is it a pass?

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you liked them! These could be finely milled like you said and they are on the right track. Overall I think these are good just not great!

    ReplyDelete