Header

Header

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Top 10 MAC Lipsticks | Neutrals



I've told you guys this a ton of times, so it's no surprise when I say again that I'm totally a neutral lip kind of girl. Sure I'll wear a bright fun color from time to time or if I'm going out, but more often then not I'll choose a soft pink or peachy color lipstick. Recently I picked up some back ups of some of my favorites, so I wanted to show you my ten favorite MAC neutral lippies and maybe you'll see one or two of your favorites as well! These are a big hit with a lot of people and there are definitely a few staples that every gal (or guy!) needs in their collection. 



Snob (Satin)
Snob was one of the first MAC lipsticks I ever bought and it's still a favorite of mine. It's a pretty cool toned pink with a satin finish. It's one of those pinks that might be a little too Barbie for some, but with a mauve lip liner, it is perfect. 


Brave (Satin)

If you're looking for a basic mauve shade, Brave is an awesome choice. I love it for simple makeup days when I want a little color on my lips  and this once has a permanent home in my purse for such days. It's a satin finish so it's creamy without being too slippery and leaves my lips soft and hydrated. 


Twig (Satin)

Twig is a rich, dusty rose color, the shade we all wish Lolita would be haha. It's a basic versatile neutral that looks great on any skin tone. It has slight brown undertones, so this is a favorite fall shade for me. 


HoneyLove (Matte)

This is probably my all time favorite Mac lipstick next to Velvet Teddy (more on that later). It's my perfect warm nude and I have probably bought 6-7 of these throughout the years. It's a warm beige that pulls slightly pink on my lips and I love that this matte formula doesn't dry my lips out or settle in the lines at all. This is a shade that is a must have if you are more fair.


Captive (Satin)

Captive is a beautiful berry shade, a little darker than Twig, that is my favorite for everyday wear when I want something simple but with a little more color. It can pull more raspberry pink on me so I pair it with a more brown toned lip liner. 


Velvet Teddy (Matte)

Where do I even begin? VT has been my jam for so so long. It's my favorite rusty-brown toned nude of all time. It literally goes with any makeup look and again, the matte formula is perfect. It lasts for hours and doesn't dry my lips and I always get so many compliments when I wear it. If I had to pick one MAC lipstick to wear forever this would be it.


Syrup (Lustre)

Usually i hate the MAC Lustre formula, but Syrup is one of my only exceptions. It's like the sheer sister of Twig. It's so creamy and glossy but not slippery or messy and I just really love the pretty sheen of color it gives my lips. It's so perfect for no makeup days. 


Please Me (Matte)

Please Me is a pretty popular shade and another must have in my opinion. It's a little more toned down and darker than Snob making it literally perfect for an everyday pink. It's also matte which doesn't make it too overpowering for a pink lipstick, but it also doesn't look chalky like some pinks tend to do. 


Pander Me (Matte)

If someone were to create a lipstick shade with rust, this would be it. Pander me is a sultry grungy red-brown that I absolutely adore for fall. It's good to pair with a smudgy messy eye look or even just mascara and still make a statement. I love to use a dark red liner underneath to give it a little more definition. 


Kinda Sexy (Matte)

Last up is Kinda Sexy. KS is another cult favorite. It's a salmon beige tone and I love it for simple spring looks. This is another one that I always keep in my purse because it's just the perfect nude to throw on and not worry about it clashing with whatever makeup I have on that day. 

Did you see any of your favorites? Which shades are your must haves?

No comments:

Post a Comment