Header

Header

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Sephora + Ulta Haul | Tarte, Urban Decay, Lorac and More!



If you follow me on Instagram, you'd have seen over the last few weeks that I've made quite a few beauty purchases at Sephora and Ulta. I was about 8 weeks sober from Sephora when I decided to scratch that itch and make a purchase. I passed up the VIB sale last month because at the time nothing really caught my eye. But after thinking about a few things and swatching a ton of stuff, I caved and picked up lots of goodies, new products and new-to-me stuff and I thought I'd share it all with you guys! Between a few gift cards from birthdays and such and using my Ulta rewards points, I was able to get over $550 worth of products for about $165 so please don't take this post as me bragging or showing off or anything as that is definitely not my intention. Haul posts just tend to be a favorite and I love seeing what products are out there with reviews from others and maybe other people like that too. So enjoy and let me know what you think!


First I picked up the new Tarte Limited Edition Poppy Picnic palette. It's a compact palette with six matte eyeshadows and a blush. The shadows are pretty basic neutrals, but they are so smooth and creamy I couldn't resist.

After really enjoying Stila "Patina" Stay-All-Day liquid lipstick, I decided that I wanted to try out a few more shades from the range since I've been obsessed with liquid lipsticks lately. I ended up picking up Beso (a true red), Aria (a plum-mauve shade), and Belissima (a light baby pink shade).

Since I really like the Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation, I figured I would give the Naked Skin Concealer a try. I've heard amazing things about it and I can't wait to try it out.

I've been seeing the Benefit Roller Lash mascara EVERYWHERE so I decided I would give it a go. It does give my lashes a good lift and it separates them pretty well but I'm still testing it out to see if it's a keeper.



Next up is something I've been dying over ever since Easter when I first saw swatches. I picked up two of the new Urban Decay Afterglow 8-Hour Blushes in the shades "Score" and "Fetish" and I am in love so far. I'll do a full review after wearing these for a few weeks. 



Shelby from Beauty and a Blog totally sold me on the Makeup Forever Pro Sculpting Duo, so I grabbed number 2. It has a stunning gold highlight similar to MAC's Whisper of Gilt and a slightly shimmery bronzer. This will be awesome this summer!

 I've never tried any of the OCC Lip Tars but after seeing Sharon Farrell use "Momento" in a recent video, I knew I had to try one. I ended up buying two shades, "Momento" and "Hush." While I really like the colors, it's definitely going to take some trial and error for me to really like them. The formula is really thin but just swatching them, they feathered quite a bit. Anyone have any tips for OCC Lip Tar application?


Last but not least, I bought one of the new Smashbox Photo Angle Pure Pigment Gel liners. This is basically the same concept of the Benefit They're Real! Liner only the gel in this one is softer and so far a lot easier to work with.

Next up are my purchases from Ulta!

Upon entering I immediately went to the Tarte display and snatched up the last Showstopper palette. I first mentioned this weeks ago and I've been dying to get it. It has cooler tones than the Rainforest After Dark and I am in love!

I also picked up a few of the Urban Decay blush shades I wanted that were sold out at Sephora. I got "Crush" a bright pink, and a deeper satin one, "Rapture."

I only bought one of these but I know I'll end up buying more Urban Decay Revolution lip glosses. I bought "Failbait" and I really like the opaque, non-sticky formula. It wears so comfy on the lips so more of these are definitely in my list. 

Speaking of lip glosses, I picked up several shades of the new Lorac Alter Ego glosses. I bought Goddess, Girl Next Door, Southern Bell and two tubes of Seductress. Seductress is a perfect redish-nude gloss and I wanted a back up, so I bought two. And they threw in this adorable mini lipgloss in Goddess as a gift too!

You've probably seen Laura Geller's Gelato Swirl Illuminator in Gilded Honey being talked about a lot lately, so like everyone else, I wanted it haha. But after swatching it, I found the gold a bit too harsh and too yellow for my skin tone and instead bought the shade Ballerina. It's a soft bronze gold and blends out a little easier and I personally liked it better for a highlighter. 

I saw the new Stila summer collection out so I picked up two new shades of the Stay All Day Liquid Lipsticks in the new gold packaging. I bought Rosa (light baby pink) and Bella (fuchsia)...for now haha

I've used African Black soap off and on for months now and really like it, so when I saw a facial mask by Shea Moisture, I decided to try it out. I've only used it twice so far, so I will do a full review on this later on when I get a good feel for it. 

Next was a deal I couldn't pass up. They had this duo package of Real Technique Miracle Complexion Sponges for only $10 and I HAD to buy it. I like this better than my Beauty Blenders so I'm glad I have back ups now. 

Last up were some re-buys of my favorite sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner from Ulta. I've been using it for about three months now and my hair has honestly never felt so healthy. It's so soft and fluffy and I'm a total sulfate-free convert haha

Whew! What a haul! Again, I am not trying to show off or anything, I just know that hauls are still some of my favorite posts to see and maybe someone else shares the excitement of seeing new products. 

Have you tried any of these? Let me know, I'd love to hear your opinions! 

Products mentioned:
Tarte Poppy Picnic LE Palette
Stila Stay-All-Day Liquid lipsticks
Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer
Benefit Roller Lash mascara
 Urban Decay AfterGlow 8-Hr Blushes
Makeup Forever Pro Sculpting Duo #2
OCC Lip Tars
Smashbox Photo Angle Pure Pigment Gel Liner
Tarte Showstopper Palette
Urban Decay Revolution Lip Gloss
Lorac Alter Ego Lip Gloss
Laura Geller Ballerina Gelato Swirl Illuminator
Stila Summer Collection Stay-All-Day Liquid Lipsticks
Shea Moisture African Black Soap Facial Mask
Real Techniques Complexion Perfection Sponge
Ulta brand Sulfate-free shampoo/conditioner




1 comment:

  1. I live for your hauls! Seriously wish we had an Ulta here since the points system seems amazing! I wish Sephora worked the same way :(! You got some awesome stuff, hopefully we'll see some of the in a favorites post!

    www.lineupthemakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete