Header

Header

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Recent Favorites | Lorac, ABH, Nubounsom + more!

Hello again everyone! The last couple of months I did not do a monthly favorites because honestly, there weren't any specific products that I was obsessing over. I had a bunch of new stuff that I was trying out though, and I was able to narrow it down to a few things I've been loving to show you guys. 


The first product is a perfume. I tend to go for lighter scents in the spring and Prada Candy has been my everyday perfume for weeks now. It's light and has a slightly sweet-slightly musky scent and I just love how fresh it smells. Plus it lasts for hours without being too overpowering. 

First up for makeup is this Naked skin foundation from Urban Decay. I purchased this during my recent Ulta haul and I've been loving it these last few weeks. My skin is a lot clearer now so I've been using more sheer foundations and this one is perfect. It leaves a nice satin finish and it doesn't oxidize or break up throughout the day which is awesome. 

I wrote a review on this L'oreal La Palette Nude 2 eyeshadow palette recently, and I've been really liking these different mauve shades lately. I love purples and pinks for spring and this palette has everything for light makeup days and more dramatic looks. And for only $16, its a good deal.

I have about 20 primers but the Smashbox Primer Water has blown them all out of the water (no pun intended lol). It's a refreshing mist and it leaves bare skin kind of tacky so my foundation just sticks to my face but it doesn't cling to any dry patches or sink into lines. And this stuff seriously makes my makeup last all day without budging at all. 

Another palette that I haven't been able to put down is the Anastasia Beverly Hills Artist palette. I wrote a review on this too so I won't go on too much, but I've literally been LOVING this! I love the bright colors and it's been fun paying with new looks with this. 

I've been revisiting an old favorite quite often lately and that is my NARS Deep Throat blush. It's a less shimmery version of Orgasm and it's perfect for spring. It's the prettiest coral pink shade and it just gives the most flattering natural looking flush, like I've been in the sun and I just forgot how much I love it. 

Nearly every day these last few months, I've been wearing a combo of two Milani matte lipstick shades, Matte Innocence and Matte naked. The combo of the two is literally the perfect nude for my skin tone. And these lipsticks are super lightweight and creamy so it doesn't even feel like I have anything on my lips.

Also from my Ulta haul is the Lorac Cheek and Lip palette. This has been my go-to for weeks now because it's so convenient. It has four shades perfect for any makeup look and I love how I can mix the blushes together for a custom blush shade. 

I've put down the Dipbrow for a while and I've gone back to using my ABH Brow Wiz in Medium Ash. I forgot how much I loved this pencil. It's so quick and easy to fill in your brows with this and still have them look natural, which is something I've been really liking lately. 

Of course I had to mention these babies. Nubounsom recently came out with new 3D mink lashes and I picked up the styles Dragon Li and Bella. OMG YOU GUYS. These are simply gorgeous! They are so full and flirty and totally glam, but still super lightweight and comfy to wear. I love that I can throw these on when I'm too lazy to do anything special with my eyeshadow, and they just give my eyes so much life! MannyMua recently raved about these in a favorites video as well. Remember you can use the code "LivforLashes" for 20% off of minks and try them yourself!
 
The next product has been out for a while but it's new to me and it's the Sensationail Fuse Gel polish system. I recently picked up the starter kit with the shade "Elec-trick or Treat" and another shade in "Na-No Way" and I love this. It's a super quick and easy at home kit for gel polish and I really like it. It has everything tuning you need for a complete manicure including the LED cure light and it's so much faster than other gel polishes that I have in that it only takes 30 seconds to cure. Plus it's so small, it's perfect for travel or if you're in a rush. 

Now that it's warming up (85+ degrees here in San Diego!) and my face is getting a little bit of color, I've been wearing more bronzer lately and I've really been enjoying this Pop Beauty bronzer that I received in my Ipsy bag last summer. It's a cooler brown and it has subtle shimmers throughout it and it just gives the most amazing glow. 

The last makeup items I've been using a ton are the Revlon Colorburst Matte balms. They're just a quick to use when I'm in a rush and application is super simple. And they are such summer worthy colors that I can't resist. My favorites are Sultry, Unapologetic and Shameless. I did a full swatch and review of all ten shades recently if you want to check that out. 

That does it for my monthly favorites! See any products that you love? Which products have been your favorite lately? Anything new I should try?

No comments:

Post a Comment